Terms and Conditions
Ampli Terms and Conditions
- Highlights. Some things you accept when you sign up for Ampli.
When you sign up to the Ampli app (App) and add an account, we will use your transaction and other information to present you with tailored offers, recommendations and marketing in the App from us, other RBC companies, and Third Parties.
We may present to you through the App offers for pre-approved credit and other products from Royal Bank of Canada. To do so, Royal Bank of Canada will need to make a soft inquiry about you to credit reporting agencies and by accepting these terms and conditions you consent to Royal Bank of Canada making such a soft inquiry. Note that a soft inquiry is a credit report check that is used solely for information purposes and it does not affect your credit score.
Tailored offers (including pre-approved credit offers), recommendations and marketing (Promotional Content) are all an integral part of the App. Promotional Content presented to each user may differ. All Offers may not be presented to all users. By accepting these terms and conditions you accept that we will present you with Promotional Content. If you do not wish to be presented with Promotional Content, contact us using the contact information provided in the “Communication” section of these Terms and you can either deactivate or delete your account and terminate your use of the App and your access to the Services.
- Reading, Agreeing and Keeping a Copy. These terms are legally binding.
In these terms and conditions (Terms), we, us and our means RBC Ampli Inc., a direct wholly-owned subsidiary of RBC and you and your means the person who uses a Device to access the Services through the App. These Terms govern your access and use of the App and the Services.
Read and Agree. You must read and agree to these Terms, which are a legally binding contract between you and us, before you can use the App and access the Services.
By checking the box on-screen, you confirm (i) that you are the age of majority in the place where you live and (ii) that you have read and agree to these Terms. These Terms take effect on the date that you check the box on-screen. You cannot use the App or access the Services unless you have read and agreed to these Terms.
Keep a copy of the Terms. You can view these Terms from a link in the App and on the website http://www.Ampli.ca. We will email you with a link to these Terms at the email address you provide when you sign up for the App.
No changes to other agreements. Unless expressly provided otherwise herein, these Terms do not replace any other agreement you may have with us or any RBC companies (now or in the future), including any consent or preference regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. All of the terms of your other agreements with us or any other RBC companies continue to apply.
Please see the definitions section at the end of these Terms for any other capitalized words not otherwise defined.
- Services. What we provide & how the App works.
Under these Terms, the Services means the features, functionality, content and information provided by us via the App and include any services that may be provided by Service Providers and Third Parties.
Some of the Services may be provided in whole or in part by Service Providers and Third Parties. The Services are currently available in English only, despite any language settings on your Device.
The Services and the App may not be accessible at all times. In addition, functionality, features, content or information may change, and may not always be available.
The Services currently provided by the App are set out below:
- a) Connected Accounts & Aggregation
- You may elect to add to your Member Account one or more online accounts provided by a Canadian third party with which you have a relationship, maintain an account or engage in financial transactions (“Connected Account”). You are responsible for entering the correct information when adding your Connected Account. We are not responsible for any error on your part nor are we responsible if for any technical or other reason you are unable to add a specific account to your Member Account.
- Each Connected Account may only be added to your Member Account once and may not be added to more than one Member Account. You may not set up multiple Member Accounts for yourself.
- For each Connected Account, you authorize us on an ongoing basis to retrieve, consolidate, organize and present to you Aggregation Information (“Aggregation Service”). Aggregation Information means information regarding any account you have with the third party that provides the Connected Account including but not restricted to your name and address, account type, account number, currency, balance, and transaction information.
- Please review section 5 (Aggregation Service Terms) for additional terms and conditions applicable to Connected Accounts
- b) Earning Ampli Cash.
- You will earn Ampli Cash on the final price (including tax and any other applicable fees) of personal purchases of products or services from Participating Merchants paid for with a Connected Account. Terms applicable to Offers for earning Ampli Cash are set out in the App.
- Certain purchases may not in our sole discretion be considered a Qualifying Purchase. For example, Qualifying Purchases exclude the purchase of gift cards and may exclude certain repeat or unusual, purchases.
- Ampli Cash is earned on the Canadian dollar equivalent of Qualified Purchases made in a currency other than Canadian dollars.
- You can view your balance of earned Ampli Cash in the App. If there’s any error in your balance of Ampli Cash you must notify us within 30 days of any Qualifying Purchase and provide a receipt confirming the Qualifying Purchase. We will follow our internal operational procedures to track and account for all Ampli Cash earned.
- It may take up to 5 business days from the date a Qualifying Purchase is posted to your online account profile for earned Ampli Cash to be displayed in your Member Account.
- Earned Ampli Cash will be cancelled or reduced as applicable, if you cancel or return the products or services purchased for which Ampli Cash was earned.
- In our discretion we may do any of the following: (i) set a maximum amount of Ampli Cash that may be earned in a particular period; (ii) review any Qualifying Purchase and request a copy of your receipt for a Qualifying Purchase (iii) place a hold on your Member Account for a specified period limiting your ability to cash out earned Ampli Cash; (iii) cancel or reduce any Ampli Cash earned if following our review we determine in our sole discretion that a Qualifying Purchase is an abuse of an Offer.
- In the event of any dispute or discrepancy regarding your balance of earned Ampli Cash, Ampli in its discretion will make the final decision on Ampli Cash earned. If you disagree with any decision regarding earned Ampli Cash, your sole remedy is to either deactivate or delete your account and terminate your use of the App and your access to the Services.
- c) Cashing Out Ampli Cash.
- Options for cashing out your Ampli Cash may change over time and will be set out in the App. Terms applicable to cashing out Ampli Cash are set out in the App.
- You can elect to receive your Ampli Cash via the Interac e-Transfer service. If you are unable or unwilling to accept payment via the Interac e-Transfer service then you will be unable to cash out your Ampli Cash and your Ampli Cash will continue to accumulate in your Member Account. We are not responsible for any error on your part nor are we responsible if for any technical or other reason you are unable to receive cash back via the Interac e-Transfer service.
- The minimum amount of Ampli Cash that you can cash out at any time is $15. The maximum amount of Ampli Cash that you can cash out at any time is $1000. When you elect to cash out your Ampli Cash the full balance will be cashed out subject to the $15 minimum and $1000 maximum.
- Once you cash out Ampli Cash, you may no longer dispute the amount of earned Ampli Cash.
- You must have a Connected Account connected to your Member Account for a minimum of 15 calendar days at the time you elect to cash out earned Ampli Cash and up to the point you receive cashed out Ampli Cash. You will not be able to cash out earned Ampli Cash during any period in which there’s a hold on your Member Account.
- You cannot elect to cash out a portion of the Ampli Cash in your Member Account. We will follow our internal operational procedures to track and account for all Ampli Cash that you cash out.
- d) Non-Cash Back Offers.
- You can receive discounts, enhanced services, benefits and other incentives or value from Participating Merchants in connection with Offers that do not relate to earning cash back. Terms applicable to any Offer are set out in the App. We are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of any value provided as part of such an Offer. The Participating Merchant making the Offer will:
- Apply discounts and otherwise fulfill the Offer.
- Communicate any additional terms and conditions applicable to your purchase of the Participating Merchants products and services.
- Be solely responsible for all of its products and services that you purchase from the Participating Merchant.
- e) Contests
- If you have a Connected Account you will automatically be entered into contests available in the App. Terms applicable to all contests are set out in the App.
- f) Promotional Services.
- On an ongoing basis we will use your Aggregation Information and other information to present to you through the App tailored Offers (including pre-approved credit offers), recommendations and marketing from us, RBC companies and Third Parties (Promotional Content).
- If you do not wish to be presented with Promotional Content, contact us using the contact information provided in the “Communication” section of these Terms and you can either deactivate or delete your account and terminate your use of the App and your access to the Services.
- g) Codes & Code Benefits.
- We may in our sole discretion, provide welcome, referral, promo or other codes ( Codes) that may be used to earn cash back or provide other features or benefits related to Offers, the Services or Third Party Services (Code Benefits). Additional terms may apply to each Code, including limits on who may use a Code and limits on the time period in which the Code can be used.
- A Code may include an opportunity for you to invite eligible friends and family members to create a new Member Account and add a Connected Account so you can earn Code Benefits as the inviter and your friend/family member may earn Code Benefits as the invitee.
- You agree to the following in respect of any Code:
- Codes must be used by the intended audience and for the intended purpose, and in a lawful manner.
- Codes may not be duplicated, sold or transferred in any manner. You may not use automated systems or bots through any channel to distribute your Code or otherwise distribute your Code in bulk.
- You may not send a commercial electronic message with a Code to people with whom you do not have a personal or family relationship, or otherwise distribute a Code in a way that would constitute an unsolicited commercial electronic message or spam under any applicable law or regulation
- You may not send a Code to yourself, create a fake account, or create multiple accounts for the same person for the purpose of earning multiple Code Benefits.
- If you make a Code available to others, you must not make any false or misleading representations related to the App or the benefits a user may receive from the App. You may not include the Ampli logo or otherwise represent yourself as Ampli when you share a Code.
- We may in our sole discretion at any time apply a cap to the amount of Code Benefits you may earn in your Ampli account per calendar year.
- We may change Code Benefits or modify any related terms at any time for any reason without prior notice to you and without any liability to us. Continued participation in any Code program after such modification shall constitute consent to such modification.
- We reserve the right to review all earned Code Benefits. We may withhold, deny, deduct, cancel or limit the number of Codes made available to you and related Code Benefits in the event we determine in our sole discretion that the use of the Code was in error, abusive, fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of the applicable Code terms or these Terms.
- We may cancel Code Benefits or disable a Code at any time for any reason without prior notice to you and without any liability to us.
- Privacy. Information we collect and how we use it.
Collecting your personal information
We may from time to time collect information from and about you such as:
- Information establishing your identity (for example, name, address, email address, phone number, etc.).
- Information you provide in connection with your use or receipt of the Services, including Aggregation Information for Connected Accounts, and survey responses you provide.
- Information about your financial behaviour such as your payment history and credit worthiness.
- Technical information about how you interact with the App, including pages visited, time spent on the App, IP address, and Device identifier information.
We may obtain this information from you, from service arrangements you make with or through us, from credit reporting agencies and financial institutions, from registries, from references you provide to us and from other sources, as is necessary for the provision of the Services and any products and services.
Using your personal information
We may from time to time use your personal information that we have collected as required by applicable law and for the following purposes:
- To create your profile in the App and provide you with the Services.
- To determine your eligibility for the products and services of RBC companies.
- To help us better understand the current and future needs of our users.
- To help us better manage our business and your relationship with us.
- To promote our products and services, and promote products and services of RBC companies, and Third Parties we select, including providing targeted Offers that may be of interest to you.
- To create aggregated or non-personalized data for market research and other marketing services.
- To manage our risks and operations and those of RBC companies.
- To comply with valid requests for information about you from regulators, government agencies, public bodies or other entities who have a right to issue such requests.
Disclosing your personal information
We may from time to time disclose your personal information that we have collected, where not prohibited by applicable laws, as described below for the purposes described in the “Using your personal information” section:
- To our employees, agents, and independent contractors, and Service Providers, all of whom are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information in accordance with these Terms and applicable laws. In the event a Service Provider is located outside of Canada, the Service Provider is bound by, and the information may be disclosed in accordance with, the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Service Provider is located
- Note that we will not disclose your personal information to any Third Party. Disclosure of information about Ampli users to Third Parties (including Participating Merchants) will only be in aggregate or non-personalized format.
Your right to access your personal information
You may obtain access to the personal information we hold about you at any time and review its content and accuracy, and have it amended as appropriate; however, access may be restricted as permitted or required by applicable laws. To request access to such information or to ask questions about our privacy policies contact us through the chat functionality in the App.
Our privacy policies
You may obtain more information about our privacy policies by visiting www.rbc.com/privacysecurity.
- Aggregation Service Terms.
Setting up Connected Accounts.
- To set up a Connected Account, you must input your Log-In Information for a Connected Account. Your Log-In Information will be stored in encrypted form and used to retrieve Aggregation Information for the purpose of providing you with the Services. You must update your Log-In Information as soon as it changes in order for us to retrieve Aggregation Information. You are responsible for entering the correct information when setting up your Connected Account. We are not responsible for any error on your part.
- For each Connected Account, you authorize and direct us and any Service Provider of the Aggregation Service to do, on your behalf, all things necessary to provide the Aggregation Service to you, which may include visiting the website of the financial institution that provides you with the Connected Account and providing your Log-In Information or other information required to register, access, retrieve and download Aggregation Information. You authorize and direct an automatic login to your Connected Account using the Log-In Information you provided to us to retrieve the Aggregation Information. You confirm to us you have the right to give us this authorization and direction.
- You may terminate the collection of your Aggregation Information by removing a Connected Account from the App at any time or by deactivating or deleting your account. Once a Connected Account is removed, we will stop retrieving Aggregation Information for that account and you will not earn Ampli Cash. Ampli Cash earned while your Connected Account was active will remain in your Member Account and may be cashed out subject to applicable terms. Aggregation Information that was collected when the Connected Account was active will be retained in accordance with our standard retention policies. Removing a Connected Account does not terminate your use of the App. If you choose to remove a Connected Account then later add that Connected Account then we will track and account for Ampli Cash beginning on the date you add the Connected Account. You will not earn Ampli Cash for any Qualifying Purchases during the period you chose to remove your Connected Account.
- Your Connected Account may be disconnected due to reasons outside our control (such as changes made by your financial institution or your financial institution’s requirement to re-enter your Log-In Information). If your Connected Account is disconnected (for any reason other than you choosing to remove it) then once you reconnect your Connected Account, we will track and account for all Ampli Cash earned during the disconnected period as long as your Connected Account has been disconnected for a period of 30 days or less.
- You understand and agree that we are not responsible for the timeliness, completeness or accuracy of Aggregation Information. Aggregation Information continues to be subject to any terms or conditions imposed by the financial institution that provides you with the Connected Account. You must access the website or online service of the financial institution that provides you with the Connected Account to view any information or content, including any notices, disclosures or disclaimers.
Use of Aggregation Service. You acknowledge that when you use the Aggregation Service, Aggregation Information is accessed and retrieved on your behalf, and not on behalf of the financial institution that provides your Connected Account. The Aggregation Service is not endorsed or sponsored by any financial institution that provides a Connected Account. You acknowledge that the financial institution that provides your Connected Account may not have consented to, and may not have knowledge of, the access to the Connected Accounts through the Aggregation Service. It is your responsibility to review your agreements with your financial institution to determine whether disclosure to another party that offers services such as Aggregation Services is allowed, what the consequences of such disclosure may be and your liability in connection with such disclosure.
Limitation of Liability. You agree that neither we nor any of our affiliates will be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, resulting from: (a) the use or the inability to use the Aggregation Service; (b) the cost of getting substitute goods and services; (c) any products, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into, through or from the Aggregation Service; (d) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (e) statements or conduct of anyone on the Aggregation Service; or (f) any other matter relating to the Aggregation Service.
Indemnification. You agree to protect and fully compensate us and our affiliates for any and all third party claims, liability, damages, expenses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable legal fees) caused by or arising from your use of the Aggregation Service, your violation of these Terms or your infringement, or infringement by any other user of your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any other party.
- Costs, Fees and Related Charges. Do I have to pay any fees?
There are no fees to access the App or the Services. You are responsible for all costs associated with purchases you make using a Connected Account. You are responsible for all costs, fees, data plans and related charges associated with your use of any Device, and they are not reimbursable by us.
- Communication. How will we contact each other?
You can contact us through the chat functionality in the App .
We will contact you and provide notices through the App and using the contact information you provided in the App. It is your responsibility to accurately input your contact information and keep it up to date. You understand that if you don’t provide accurate and up to date contact information, we may not be able to complete the signup process or otherwise contact you.
You authorize us to send push notifications to your Device in relation to the Services. In order to enable or to disable push notifications, you must adjust the settings on your Device. You understand that push notifications are unsecure and not encrypted and can be read by others if you allow them to view your Device. We provide push notifications for convenience and information purposes only.
- Termination. How can you or we end these Terms?
Termination by us – Without prior notice and for any reason, we can (i) suspend or terminate your use of the App and access to the Services, and (ii) terminate part or all of these Terms or the Services. Any contest entries and any earned cash back that’s not cashed out prior to termination by us will be forfeit. We are not responsible for any loss or inconvenience that may result in such suspension or termination.
Termination by you.
At any time you can choose to terminate your use of the App and access to the Services by either:
- Deactivating your Account: You have the option to deactivate your account in the Edit Profile section of the App. When you deactivate your account:
- You’ll no longer earn cash back, access offers or be able to enter contests
- All Connected Accounts will be removed.
- You’ll no longer receive emails or promotional content.
- You can reactivate your account. On reactivation any earned cash back that’s not cashed out prior to deactivation will be restored.
- Deleting your Account: You have the option to delete your account in the Edit Profile section of the App. When you delete your account:
- You’ll no longer earn cash back, access offers or be able to enter contests
- You’ll forfeit any contest entries and any earned cash back that’s not cashed out prior to deletion.
- All Connected Accounts will be removed.
- You’ll no longer receive emails or promotional content.
- You will not be able to reactivate your account after deleting.
- Changes. How will we tell you about any changes?
We can change (add, remove or alter) any part or feature of the Services, without giving you notice. Following any change, these Terms will continue to apply to all parts of the Services. Subject to legal and regulatory requirements, we can also change these Terms by giving you notice of the changes, before or after the changes take effect. If you use the App or access the Services after a change to these Terms, or after we have notified you of a change, you are deemed to have reviewed and accepted the new version of these Terms.
- Instructions and Security. You are responsible for instructions and your secure use of the App.
You will be required to provide your email address to sign up to the App. You authorize us to accept and you agree to be responsible for any instruction given by you or purported to be given by you when using the App. Any instruction will have the same legal effect as if it was a written instruction and signed by you. When using the App and accessing the Services, you agree that you will take all steps necessary to ensure that you do not reveal any confidential information to anyone other than us. This includes making sure that other people cannot see your Device screen.
By choosing to install the App on your Device for the purpose of accessing the Services you consent to the installation of the App and any future updates or upgrades to the App. You may withdraw your consent by removing the App from your Device. Our mailing address is 20 Bay Street, 4th Floor, Toronto, ON M5J 2N8.
You must also:
- Use reasonable steps and precautions to protect your Device against loss or theft;
- Use reasonable security measures which include up-to-date virus scanning software and a firewall system, if such security measures are available for your Device; and
- Comply with any additional security requirements that we may require in connection with the Services.
- Third Parties and Service Providers. Other entities help us provide the App and the Services.
We may use Third Parties and Service Providers to provide or to assist us in providing the Services or Third Party Services. Other than RBC companies, we do not sponsor or endorse any Third Party and we are not affiliated or associated with any Service Provider or Third Party.
When using the App and accessing the Services,
- You may use Service Provider Services solely for your own personal use;
- You may not sell, distribute or otherwise use Service Provider Services or other information from the App or the Services, and you may not permit such distribution or use by anyone else; and
- You may not provide or make available any Service Provider Services to any provider of products or services similar to those products and services provided by the Service Providers.
You agree that we, Third Parties, and Service Providers may use information and content you provide through the App and the Services to create use and distribute statistical, profiling, performance or operational reports about the App and the Services. These reports may be shared with Third Parties, in which case, the information in the reports will not be attributable to you.
In no event, even if a Service Provider is negligent, will the Service Provider be liable to you for any losses or damages caused by or in any way related to the App and the Services. Such losses or damages include without limitation (i) direct, incidental, indirect, consequential, special, aggravated, punitive or exemplary damages, (ii) loss of data, profits, information, opportunity, revenues and goodwill, and (iii) any other business interruption, commercial or economic losses.
- Referral Fees. We may receive fees when we refer you to Third Parties.
A Third Party may pay us, or we may receive from a Third Party, directly or indirectly, a referral fee when we refer you to the Third Party and you elect to purchase or obtain products or services from Third Party. The amount of any referral fee paid or received for referrals will not affect any fees you may be required to pay us or to the Third Party.
- Compliance and Prohibitions. Appropriate use of the App.
Your use of the App and access to the Services must comply with these Terms and all applicable laws.
When using the App and accessing the Services, you will not:
- Provide untrue, inaccurate or incomplete information;
- Use the App or access the Services for any illegal, fraudulent, malicious, harassing or defamatory activity or purpose;
- Use any robot, spider or other indexing device when using the App or accessing the Services;
- Use any part of the Services to provide internet, service bureau, outsourcing or third-party services or redistribute all or any part of the Services;
- Take steps or actions that could or do undermine the security, integrity, effectiveness, goodwill or connectivity of the App or the Services (including illegal, fraudulent, malicious, defamatory or other activities that threaten to harm or cause harm to any other person); or
- Reverse engineer or reverse compile the source code for the App or any of the service technology.
- Ownership. You can use it, but you can’t keep it.
We grant you a non-exclusive and non-transferable single-user (non-concurrent) license to use the App, in accordance with these Terms. At any time, and at our sole discretion, we may limit, restrict, suspend, declare a moratorium on, or terminate your ability to access the App and any of the Services, and with notice to you, we may end the terms relating to the App, including the Services. If these Terms are terminated, you will destroy all copies of the App and all copies of any documentation for the App then in your possession. The grant of this license may not be assigned by you unless agreed upon in writing by us.
We retain at all times all ownership rights, including without limitation, copyright, in the App. You agree not to copy, reproduce, transfer copies or reverse engineer the App and not to disclose or distribute the App to Third Parties. We have no obligation to provide any training, maintenance, or other assistance for the App. We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights subsisting on each screen made available through the App. Unless otherwise indicated, trademarks and logos, and all works, including texts, images, illustrations, software, HTML codes, audio clips and videos appearing on the Services are our property or those of our licensors, and without our express written permission, may not be reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, transmitted, distributed or modified, in whole or in part, in any form whatsoever, except for personal and non-commercial use, including viewing, printing or archiving of electronic copies of your App activities, in accordance with these Terms and as we may further instruct you. Service Providers and Third Parties retain their respective ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights, in their trademarks and logos that appear on the App and in the Services. Nothing in these Terms or on the App is to be interpreted as conferring a right to use our works, trademarks or logos in any other way or those of any RBC companies, Service Providers or Third Parties.
- No Representations or Warranties. The App and the Services are provided “as is”.
We are providing you with the App and the Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis and do not make any representations or provide any warranties concerning them. Without limiting the foregoing, we expressly disclaim all warranties in connection with the App and/or the Services, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- Liabilities and Indemnities. Read this carefully—it limits your right to sue us.
You are solely responsible for all information or content that you give us through the App, the Services and the Third Party Services.
We and RBC companies will not be responsible for any loss, damage, harm, injury, delay or inconvenience suffered or incurred by you with respect to: (i) these Terms, the App, the Services or the Third Party Service, (ii) any instruction given to, by or purported to be given by you in connection with the Services or Third Party Services, or (iii) any products or services you obtain or purchase from a us or from a Third Party to whom we refer you. Such losses, damages, injuries, delays and inconveniences include without limitation (i) direct, incidental, indirect, consequential, special, aggravated, punitive or exemplary damages, (ii) loss of data, profits, information, opportunity, revenues and goodwill, and (iii) any other business interruption, commercial or economic losses. The foregoing limitation of liability applies regardless of the cause of action, even if we or a RBC company have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
In addition, in no event, even if we are negligent or any RBC company is negligent, will we or any RBC company be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you that is caused by any one or more of the following:
- The actions of, or any failure to act by a Third Party or Service Provider (and no such Third Party will be considered to be acting as our agent);
- Mistakes, errors, omissions, inaccuracies or other inadequacies of, or contained in the Services or Third Party Services or any data given by you to us, any RBC company, or any Third Party or Service Provider, including your failure to update;
- Any delay, error, interruption or failure by us, any RBC company, or any Third Party or Service Provider to perform or fulfill any obligations to you due to any cause beyond our or their control, any system malfunctions or any technical failures;
- Unsecured communication being inaccurate, intercepted, reviewed or altered by others, or not received by you.
- Your access to the Services or Third Party Services, including, without limitation, any delay or inability to access the Services or Third Party Services;
- Your failure to receive or view any communication that has been presented to you, and neither we nor any RBC company will not be responsible for any delay, damage or inconvenience that such failure may cause; or
- Your failure to fulfill any of your obligations under these Terms, including those in the “Security” section of these Terms, or to comply with any instructions we may provide to you from time to time in connection with the App and the Services.
You release and indemnify us for any claim, cost and liability incurred as a result of (i) your use of the App or access to the Services and Third Party Services, or (ii) your breach of these Terms.
- On-Screen Terms. Terms shown on-screen form part of these Terms.
There may be terms, conditions, instructions or disclaimers related to the Services, Third Party Services, or Offers displayed on the screens in the App, or when you click on icons or links on App screens. By using any of the Services, Third Party Services, or any Offers, you must access and agree that the terms, conditions, instructions or disclaimers apply to your use of or access to the applicable Services, Third Party Services, or Offers in addition to the terms and conditions of any other applicable agreements.
- Records. Electronic records = paper records.
Our records, including electronic records, including those of any Service Providers (whether used by them or us), regarding the App or the Services, including the retrieval, consolidation, organization and presentment of information, are final and conclusive. These records will be admissible in any legal, administrative or other proceedings. Furthermore, electronic data and records will be admissible as conclusive evidence of the contents of those records in the same manner as original paper documents. You waive any right to object to the introduction of any such electronic data or records into evidence.
- Electronic Agreement. Clicking = signing with a pen on paper.
These Terms and any related terms, conditions, instructions, disclaimers or documents may be accepted in electronic form and your acceptance is binding between you and us. Neither you nor we will contest the validity or enforceability of these Terms and any related documents because they were accepted or signed in electronic form.
- Assignment and Severability. Contract law stuff.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable, this will not affect the validity or enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms. Our failure to enforce strict performance of any provisions of these Terms does not mean we have waived any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between you and us, nor trade practice modifies any provision of these Terms. We may assign or transfer these Terms on notice to you. You may not assign or transfer these Terms or any of the obligations or rights under these Terms to any other person.
We have the right at all times to assign any or all of our rights and obligations under these Terms to an RBC company. The Services may then be delivered by the RBC company to whom we assign these Terms.
- Language. We will talk to each other in English.
You and we have expressly requested that these Terms and all related documents, including notices, be drawn up in the English language. Vous et nous avons expressément demandé que cette entente et tout document y afférent, y compris tout avis, soient rédigés en langue anglaise. (Quebec only / Québec seulement).
- Governing Law. What law applies?
These Terms will be governed by the laws of the Province or Territory in Canada in which you live and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. If you live outside of Canada, these Terms will be exclusively governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. You and we agree that the courts of the jurisdiction specified above shall have exclusive jurisdiction over each of us for the determination of any matter(s) arising out of these Terms.
- Defined Terms. What does everything mean?
Aggregation Service is defined in Section 3 of these Terms.
Ampli Cash means Canadian-currency cash back, earned on certain purchases of products and services from Participating Merchants.
Device means any mobile device, computer or other device you use to access the App and the Services.
Connected Account means one or more online accounts provided by a Canadian third party with which you have a relationship, maintain an account or engage in financial transactions that you have added to your Member Account.
Log-In Information means any information that you must enter to access Connected Account. It may include a client identification number, username, access code, password or other means of identification.
Member Account means your Ampli user account created when you sign up to the App and verify your account creation by email.
Offers means a promotional offer by us, another RBC company, or Third Party that permits you to receive cash back, discounts, enhanced services, benefits and other incentives or value.
Participating Merchant means a third party merchant that provides Offers in the App.
Qualifying Purchase means a purchase of a good or service using your Connected Account from a Participating Merchant that that complies with all Offer terms.
RBC means Royal Bank of Canada.
RBC companies means RBC, its direct and indirect subsidiaries and their successors and assigns
Services means the Services as defined by the “Services” section of these Terms.
Service Provider means a party retained by us to act on our behalf to provide, or to assist us in providing, the App and the Services.
Service Provider Services means content and information contained in the Services provided by any Service Provider.
Terms means these terms and conditions.
Third Party means any party other than you, us or a party when acting as a Service Provider. It includes our subsidiaries and affiliates, Participating Merchants, and parties who provide Third Party Services.
Third Party Services means any products or services provided by a Third Party that can be used or accessed on or through the App or a Third Party that we refer you to (including Participating Merchants) for other products and services.
you and your mean the person who uses a Device to access the App.
we, us and our means RBC Ampli Inc., a subsidiary of RBC.