Win 1 of 100 $100 e-gift cards for Starbucks
or Hudson’s Bay.
Win a $100 e-gift card for Starbucks, Best Buy or Hudson’s Bay.
How to win
As an Ampli member, you can participate in Dreamstakes for a chance to
win our monthly grand and secondary prizes!
Link a card
You’re eligible for a chance to win once you
link a debit or credit card from a
Canadian financial institution.
Complete monthly in-app challenges to
earn additional entries.
The more entries you earn, the more chances you
have to win prizes.
The Ampli August Dreamstakes Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to abide by these official contest rules and regulations (the “Official Rules”). The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the Contest are final. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or affiliated with, Apple Inc. or Google.
- SPONSOR & CONTEST PERIOD: The Ampli August Dreamstakes Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by RBC Ampli Inc. (the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 1, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on August 31, 2019 (the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person (the “Entrant”) must: (i) be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) at time of entry and throughout the Contest Period and at the time of the Draw Date (see rule 5); and (ii) have reached the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence at time of entry and (iii) have downloaded the “Ampli” application (the “Application”) on any smart phone or tablet and registered by entering a valid email address. Specifically excluded from entering the Contest are: (i) employees, agents and representatives of the Sponsor, and the advertising and promotional agencies of the Sponsor, the independent contest organization, and each of their respective subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, the “Contest Parties”); and (ii) any member of any such person’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the person or not). In these Official Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner or spouse.
- HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest (each an “Entry”):
- ENTRY THROUGH THE APPLICATION: To enter the Contest through the Application, follow the steps listed below during the Contest Period:
- In order to begin earning Entries, you must first link any debit or credit card associated with a Canadian financial institution (the “Account”) to your profile (the “Profile”) on the Application in accordance with the Ampli Terms and Conditions. Each Account may only be linked to one (1) Profile. You will receive five (5) Entries for each new Account added to your Profile during the Contest Period. Accounts that have been linked prior to the Contest Period will not receive an Entry.
- Upon linking an Account, you may then proceed to earn additional Entries by completing the offers or challenges (each a “Task”) posted on your user page.
- Upon completion of a Task during the Contest Period, you will earn the designated number of Entries per Task as outlined in each Task description on the user page.
Any Task must be completed by 11:59:59 PM ET on August 31, 2019 (the “Contest Period End Date”) in order to receive the applicable Entries into the Contest. The Sponsor will not be responsible for falsified or incomplete Entries, which will be void.
- MAIL-IN METHOD OF ENTRY: To receive an Entry into the Contest without linking an Account or completing a Task, on a plain piece of paper, legibly hand-print your full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), a valid e-mail address, and write a minimum 50 word hand-written essay (the “Essay”) on “What is your dream experience” and mail to: Ampli August Dreamstakes Contest, Dept. 4011 (Mail-In Entry), BOX 9500 Lakeshore West PO, Oakville, ON L6K 0G4. Mail-in entries must be date stamped by the Contest Period End Date and received by September 9, 2019. Limit of one (1) mail-in Entry per outer stamped mailing envelope and each submitted Essay must be unique, duplicates are not permitted. All eligible Entries received during the Contest Period will be entered in the grand prize and secondary prize draws (see rule 5).
- PRIZES: There will be one (1) grand prize and one-hundred (100) secondary prizes available to be won as follows:
- Grand Prize: There is one (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) available to be won consisting of a trip to a destination or an experience of the winner’s choosing (the “Experience”) (subject to final approval at the sole discretion of the Sponsor) offered by the Sponsor’s agency for the winner and his/her guests, if applicable (“Guests”) for a total value of $35,000.00 (CDN) (the “Maximum Value”). The Experience consists of, but not limited to, transportation to/from the Winner’s place of residence in Canada and the Experience’s destination; and, depending on the Experience, may also include hotel accommodations for the duration of the Experience as chosen by the Sponsor at its sole discretion; event tickets, excursions and/or activities. The Experience must be booked at the Sponsor’s agency within 4-6 weeks of being confirmed the Winner (see rule 7) and must be taken by September 30, 2020. In the event, the Sponsor’s agency cannot fulfill the Experience of the Winner’s choosing, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, a cash alternative of $35,000.00 CAD will be provided. The Selected Entrant (defined below) may also elect to receive a cash prize of $35,000.00 CAD in lieu of the Experience as described above, which will be issued in the form of a cheque made payable to the confirmed Winner as his/her name appears on the Release Form (See rule 6).
Actual retail value of the Grand Prize may vary depending on Experience selected, and date of booking, among other factors. Sponsor is not responsible for any additional costs of booking above the face value of the Maximum Value. In the event that the Grand Prize winner is unable to redeem any or all of the Grand Prize components due to reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, no compensation or substitute prize component will be provided. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and is not transferable (except at the discretion of the Sponsor). The Grand Prize may not be redeemed for cash or credit, in whole or in part other than as set out in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or terminate the award of the Grand Prize or any component of the Grand Prize in the event that the Prize winner and/or his/her Guest(s) engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive behaviour, or behaviour with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Under no circumstance may any portion, component or element of the Grand Prize be resold or offered for resale by the Grand Prize winner or any other person. Other restrictions may apply. Sponsor reserves the right at any time to place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of the Grand Prize or any component thereof and to substitute a Grand Prize or any component of the Grand Prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
To the extent the Experience includes travel, the following additional terms shall apply: The Grand Prize winner and his/her t Guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary. The winner and his/her Guest(s) must be available to travel for their Experience by September 30, 2020 or the Grand Prize will be forfeited and another entrant will be randomly selected. It is the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and their Guests (if applicable) to obtain all necessary travel documentation, including, without limitation, passports, visas and travel insurance (as applicable), and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements (as applicable). No compensation will be made if the Experience is cancelled due to failure to obtain necessary travel documents or denied entry by Customs and Border Protection or other authority. The Grand Prize winner may be required to present a valid major credit card in their name at the time of hotel check-in to cover any incidental expenses. No change in travel arrangements can be made by a Grand Prize winner once his/her booking has been confirmed and he/she has returned the Release Form (see rule 7). The Grand Prize may not be used towards any type of frequent flyer mileage, or other reward point accumulation program. The Sponsor is not responsible if any related event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and the winner will not be reimbursed for any portion of the Grand Prize that may become unavailable once travel arrangements have commenced.
- Secondary Prizes: There are one-hundred (100) secondary prizes (each a “Secondary Prize”) available to be won, each consisting of a $100.00 (CDN) ( the “Value”) e-gift card for one (1) of the following three (3) Canadian retailers: Starbucks or Hudson’s Bay. Upon being declared a Secondary Prize winner (see rule 7), a link to claim the e-gift card (the “Link”) will be e-mailed to the email address associated with his/her entry. The Secondary Prize winner must follow the instructions from the Link to select the e-gift card of their choosing. The Secondary Prize winner may choose to allocate the entire Value onto one (1) e-gift card or split the Value among several e-gift cards. An e-mail will then be sent to the Secondary Prize winner with the selected e-gift card(s).
The Grand Prize and Secondary Prizes will herein be referred to each as a “Prize” or collectively as the “Prizes”. Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution and are not transferable. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Limit of one (1) Prize per person during the Contest Period.
- PRIZE DRAWS: One (1) random Grand Prize draw and one-hundred(100) random Secondary Prize draws will be held starting at 10:00 AM ET in Oakville, ON on September 11, 2019 (the “Draw Date”) from among all eligible Entries received by the end of the Contest Period to determine the Grand Prize selected Entrant and the one-hundred (100) Secondary Prize selected Entrants (each a “Selected Entrant”). Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received by the end of the Contest Period.
- WINNER SELECTION: Each Selected Entrant will be contacted by telephone and/or email within five (5) business days of the Draw Date. If a Selected Entrant (a) cannot be reached within five (5) business days of the first notification; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill testing question (see rule 7); (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form (defined below) within the specified time (see rule 7); (d) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize as awarded for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Official Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion), then he/she will be disqualified and another Entrant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made by telephone and/or email with a Selected Entrant or there are no more eligible Entries, whichever comes first (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly Selected Entrant). The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a Selected Entrant.
- PRIZE WINNER DECLARATION: To be declared a Prize winner, each Selected Entrant first must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill testing question (the “Skill Testing Question”) to be administered by telephone or email. The Grand Prize Selected Entrant must then confirm his/her Grand Prize selection of the Experience or cash alternative (the “Grand Prize Selection”) within three (3) weeks of correctly answering the Skill Testing Question. Each Selected Entrant will then be required to sign and return within five (5) business days of notification the Sponsor’s Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”), which (among other things): (a) confirms compliance with these Official Rules; (b) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (c) releases the Contest Parties, their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the Selected Entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (d) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of the winner’s name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. Upon returning the Release Form, no changes to the Grand Prize Selection can be made. Each Secondary Prize winner will be e-mailed the Link (see rule 4.ii) within 4-6 weeks of receipt and verification of the Release Form. The Grand Prize will be booked by the Sponsor’s agency within 4-6 weeks of receipt and verification of the Release Form. Any Guests participating in the Grand Prize must also sign and return Guest Release of Liability and Publicity Release Form (the “Grand Prize Form”) by the date indicated on the Guest Prize Form indiciating, among other things, that he/she waives all recourse again the Releasees relating to his/her participating in the Grand Prize and/or related activities (including, without limitation, any travel related thereto). In the event the Guest is under the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence (a “Minor”), the parent or legal guardian of the said Minor must sign and return the Guest Prize Form on his/her behalf.
- GENERAL: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide and be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or independent contest organization with respect to all aspects of the Contest, which are final and not subject to appeal. Entrants who have not complied with the Official Rules are subject to disqualification. All Entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with the Selected Entrants.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws.
- The Contest Parties accept no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest or a Prize. By entering the Contest and/or accepting a Prize, each Entrant and/or winner consents to the use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the Contest.
- The Releasees will not be liable for any failure of the Application and do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. In the event of a dispute, an Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Participating Account associated with the Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person whose name appears on the Account assigned to such person by the Canadian financial institution. A Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Account associated with the selected Entry or proof of identity and/or eligibility for purposes of verifying the legitimacy of an Entry and/or for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s). In the event it is determined that an Entrant has entered or otherwise participated in the Contest in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules and/or has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these Official Rules, the Entrant will be disqualified and all of the Entries submitted by the Entrant will be disqualified.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend the Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct the Draw from all previously received eligible Entries received by the date of cancellation of the Contest. The Sponsor and the independent contest organization shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein in respect of residents of the other Canadian provinces/territories, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage the Application or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest could be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: point of sale, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION: By downloading the Application and entering the Contest, each Entrant expressly consents to the Sponsor, its agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted with his/her Entry in accordance with the Application Terms and Conditions.
- If you do not wish to be entered into the Contest and wish to opt-out of any future communications regarding the Contest, copy and paste the following statement “I do not wish to participate in any Ampli Contests” into the Ampli in-App chat. You will then be removed from any potential contact regarding any current or future Ampli contests.