The Ampli September 2020 Dreamstakes Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to abide by these official contest rules and regulations (the “Official Rules”). The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the Contest are final. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or affiliated with, Apple Inc. or any other application provider.
- SPONSOR & CONTEST PERIOD: The Ampli September 2020 Dreamstakes Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by RBC Ampli Inc. (the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 1, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on September 30, 2020 (the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person (the “Entrant”) must: (i) be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) at time of entry and throughout the Contest Period and at the time of the Draw Date (see rule 5); and (ii) have reached the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence at time of entry and (iii) have downloaded the “Ampli” application (the “Application”) on any smart phone or tablet and registered by entering a valid email address. Specifically excluded from entering the Contest are: (i) employees, agents and representatives of the Sponsor, and the advertising and promotional agencies of the Sponsor, the independent contest organization, and each of their respective subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, the “Contest Parties”); and (ii) any member of any such person’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the person or not). In these Official Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner or spouse.
- HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest (each an “Entry”):
A. ENTRY THROUGH THE APPLICATION: To enter the Contest through the Application, follow the steps listed below during the Contest Period:
- In order to begin earning Entries, you must first link any debit or credit card associated with a Canadian financial institution (the “Account”) to your profile (the “Profile”) on the Application in accordance with the Ampli Terms and Conditions. Each Account may only be linked to one (1) Profile.
- Upon linking an Account, you may then proceed to earn additional Entries by completing the offers or challenges (each a “Task”) posted on your user page.
- Upon completion of a Task during the Contest Period, you will earn the designated number of Entries per Task as outlined in each Task description on the user page. Any Task must be completed by 11:59:59 PM ET on September 30, 2020 (the “Contest Period End Date”) in order to receive the applicable Entries into the Contest. The Sponsor will not be responsible for falsified or incomplete Entries, which will be void.
B. MAIL-IN METHOD OF ENTRY: To receive an Entry into the Contest without linking an Account or completing a Task, on a plain piece of paper, legibly hand-print your full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), a valid e-mail address, and write a minimum 50 word hand-written essay (the “Essay”) on “If you were a Grand Prize winner, how would you spend your $1,000 cash prize?” and mail to: Ampli September 2020 Dreamstakes Contest, 4011 (Mail-In Entry), BOX 9500 Lakeshore West PO, Oakville, ON L6K 0G4. Mail-in entries must be date stamped by the Contest Period End Date and received by October 8, 2020. Limit of one (1) mail-in Entry per outer stamped mailing envelope and each submitted Essay must be unique, duplicates are not permitted. All eligible Entries received during the Contest Period will be entered in the grand prize and secondary prize draws (see rule 5).
- PRIZES: There will be ten (10) prizes available to be won as follows:
There are ten (10) prizes (each a “Prize”) available to be won, consisting of a cash prize of $1,000 for each winner, with a grand prize total value of $10,000 (CDN). The Prize will be issued in the form of Ampli cash deposited into the winner’s Ampli account. The confirmed winner must have a linked Ampli account in order for the Ampli cash to be deposited. If the confirmed winner does not have a linked Ampli account, the prize will be issued in the form of a cheque made payable to the confirmed Winner as his/her name appears on the Release Form (See rule 7). Each confirmed Prize winner will be presented the Prize in their Ampli account, in person or by mail to the address indicated on his/her Release Form within 6-8 weeks of receipt and verification of the Release Form (see Rule 7).In the event that a Prize winner is unable to redeem any or all of the Prize due to reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, no compensation or substitute prize component will be provided. The Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and is not transferable (except at the discretion of the Sponsor). The Prize may not be redeemed for cash or credit, in whole or in part other than as set out in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or terminate the award of the Prize or any component of the Prize in the event that the Prize winner engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive behaviour, or behaviour with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Other restrictions may apply. Sponsor reserves the right at any time to place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of the Prize or any component thereof and to substitute a Prize or any component of the Prize for a prize of equal or greater value.The Grand Prize will herein be referred to each as a “Prize” or collectively as the “Prizes”. Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution and are not transferable. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Limit of one (1) Prize per person during the Contest Period.
- PRIZE DRAWS: Ten (10) random Prize draws will be held starting at 10:00 AM ET in Oakville, ON on October 12, 2020 (the “Draw Date”) from among all eligible Entries received by the end of the Contest Period (or date stamped by the Contest Period End Date and received by October 8, 2020 for mail-in entries) to determine the ten (10) Prize selected Entrants (each a “Selected Entrant”). Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received by the end of the Contest Period.
- WINNER SELECTION: Each Selected Entrant will be contacted by telephone and/or email within five (5) business days of the Draw Date. If a Selected Entrant (a) cannot be reached within five (5) business days of the first notification; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill testing question (see rule 7); (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form (defined below) within the specified time (see rule 7); (d) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize as awarded for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Official Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion), then he/she will be disqualified and another Entrant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made by telephone and/or email with a Selected Entrant or there are no more eligible Entries, whichever comes first (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly Selected Entrant). The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a Selected Entrant.
- PRIZE WINNER DECLARATION: To be declared a Prize winner, each Selected Entrant first must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill testing question (the “Skill Testing Question”) to be administered by telephone or email. Each Selected Entrant will then be required to sign and return within five (5) business days of notification the Sponsor’s Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”), which (among other things): (a) confirms compliance with these Official Rules; (b) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (c) releases the Contest Parties, their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the Selected Entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (d) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of the winner’s name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
- GENERAL: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide and be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or independent contest organization with respect to all aspects of the Contest, which are final and not subject to appeal. Entrants who have not complied with the Official Rules are subject to disqualification. All Entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with the Selected Entrants.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws.
- The Contest Parties accept no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest or a Prize. By entering the Contest and/or accepting a Prize, each Entrant and/or winner consents to the use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the Contest.
- The Releasees will not be liable for any failure of the Application and do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. In the event of a dispute, an Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Participating Account associated with the Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person whose name appears on the Account assigned to such person by the Canadian financial institution. A Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Account associated with the selected Entry or proof of identity and/or eligibility for purposes of verifying the legitimacy of an Entry and/or for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s). In the event it is determined that an Entrant has entered or otherwise participated in the Contest in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules and/or has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these Official Rules, the Entrant will be disqualified and all of the Entries submitted by the Entrant will be disqualified.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend the Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct the Draw from all previously received eligible Entries received by the date of cancellation of the Contest. The Sponsor and the independent contest organization shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein in respect of residents of the other Canadian provinces/territories, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage the Application or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest could be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: point of sale, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION: By downloading the Application and entering the Contest, each Entrant expressly consents to the Sponsor, its agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted with his/her Entry in accordance with the Application Terms and Conditions.
- If you do not wish to be entered into the Contest and wish to opt-out of any future communications regarding the Contest, copy and paste the following statement “I do not wish to participate in any Ampli Contests” into the Ampli in-App chat. You will then be removed from any potential contact regarding any current or future Ampli contests.